Laws and Policies
- Immigration and Nationality Act:
- Code of Federal Regulations:
- Temporary Employment of Foreign Workers in the United States
- Labor Certification Process for Permanent Employment of Aliens in the United States
- Selected Regulatory History - Permanent Labor Certification
- Selected Regulatory History - Temporary Labor Certification
- Policies and Regulations [ETA Web Site]
- Information for Aliens and Employers
- Digest of PERM Decisions (updated December 1, 2010)
- Judges' Benchbook (2d Ed. 1992) (covers pre-PERM law)
- En Banc Decisions 1987 to 2004
- Federal Court Decisions
Selected decisions relating to permanent and temporary alien labor certification.
- PERM BALCA En Banc Decisions
Decisions involving permanent alien labor certification; 20 C.F.R. Part 656 (2006 to Present). This database is limited to en banc decisions and selected panel decisions.
- Pre-PERM BALCA En Banc Decisions
Decisions involving permanent alien labor certification; 20 C.F.R. Part 656 ((1988 to 2006) . This database is limited to en banc decisions and selected panel decisions.
- ACM Decisions
Decisions involving enforcement of the limitations imposed on employers using alien crewmembers for longshore activities in U.S. ports; Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. 1288(c) and (d); 20 C.F.R. Part 655, Subpart G (D cases)
- ARN Decisions
Decisions involving attestations by facilities using nonimmigrant aliens as registered nurses; Immigration Nursing Relief Act of 1989; 20 C.F.R. Part 655, Subparts D and E (H1-A cases), and 20 C.F.R. Part 655, Subparts L and M (H1-C cases)
- ETA, ESA, JSA and WPA Decisions
Decisions involving the Job Service Complaint System; Wagner-Peyser Act of 1933, as amended, 29 U.S.C. 49 et seq.; 38 U.S.C. Chapters 41 and 42; 20 C.F.R. Part 658
- JSW Decisions
Appeals of prevailing wage determinations made by the ETA at the request of the Wage and Hour Division pursuant to 20 C.F.R. §655.731(d) during the course of an investigation into an employer's H-1B Labor Condition Application (LCA). These appeals reference the procedures used in Job Service Complaint System hearings.
- LCA Decisions
Decisions involving labor condition applications and requirements for employers using aliens on H-1B visas in specialty occupations; 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15)(H)(i)(b), 1182(n); 20 C.F.R. Part 655, Subparts H and I
- PED Decisions
Debarment and revocation appeals relating to PERM, H-1B, and H-2B labor certification programs; 20 C.F.R. § 655.31(e)(4) and (5); 20 C.F.R. § 655.182(f)(2) and (3); 20 C.F.R. § 655.171(b) and 655.181(b)(2) and (3); 20 C.F.R. §§ 656.26(a), 656.31(f), 656.32.
- PWD Decisions
Prevailing Wage Determination appeals relating to PERM, H-1B, and H-2B labor certification applications
- TAE Decisions
Decisions involving temporary alien employment arising under the Immigration & Nationality Act, 8 USC 1101(a)(15)(H)(ii)(a); 1188(c) (H-2A and H-2B visas - ESA enforcement actions) [29 C.F.R. Part 501]
- TLC Decisions
Decisions involving temporary labor certification arising under 8 USC 1101(a)(15)(H)(ii)(a); 1188(c) (H-2A visas - ETA actions) [20 C.F.R. Part 655, Subpart B]
- TLN Decisions
Decisions involving temporary labor certification arising under 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15)(H)(ii)(b) (H-2B visa - ETA actions) [20 C.F.R. Part 655, Subpart A]
- TNE Decisions
Decisions involving temporary nonagricultural alien employment (H-2B visas) - WHD enforcement actions [20 C.F.R. § 655.71]
- For decisions involving the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Workers Protection Act ("MSP"), see the Miscellaneous Traditional caselist.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Outlook Handbook On Line
- Dictionary of Occupational Titles
- O*Net Online
- O*Net-SOC Code Connector