LHWCA Electronic Forms
Below are links to electronic versions of the standardized Pretrial Statement and Stipulations form used by OALJ's Boston District Office. Submission of Pretrial Statements may be required in an administrative law judge's Notice of Trial or Notice of Calendar Call.
- PreTrial Statement: Boston Pretrial Statement Form [PDF]
- Stipulations Form: Boston Stipulations Form [PDF]
NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- This form requires that the user have an
Adobe Acrobat reader installed. For further information, see Adobe System Inc's Web Site. Adobe distributes the
reader free of charge. Users who want to save filled-out forms in PDF format will need to purchase an upgraded Adobe Acrobat-related product, such as Acrobat Approval. The free reader does not permit a user to save changes.
- To fill out a form online, open it in Adobe Acrobat reader by left clicking
on the link to the form > Boston Pretrial Statement Form [PDF]
- To fill out a form offline, first save the file. If you are using Internet Explorer, right click
on the appropriate link above, select "Save Target As..." from the pop-up menu, and then select a location to save the file on your computer. If you are using
Netscape, simultaneously depress the shift key and left click on the appropriate link above, then select a location to save the file on your computer.
After you have saved the file, minimize or close your web browser. Next, open Adobe Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Exchange and then open the saved form.
- Hints on filling out the form: Once the form is loaded, use the mouse to click on checkboxes, and the mouse or tab keys to navigate text entry boxes. [Alternatively,
you can print the form and fill it out manually.] As to the caption, it only necessary to identify the file to which the statement pertains,
e.g. the last names of the first named plaintiff and defendant with an "et al", or abbreviations,
plus the case number (for example, Roe v. The Boat Co., 1999-LHC-9000). The caption need not list every party to the action. Throughout the form,
use abbreviations as necessary. If you need additional room, attach separate sheets.
- When filling out the form, you will need to use a 4 digit number for the
year. The form will automatically translate into a MMM DD, YYYY format.
- You can enlarge the view of the form by clicking on the fit visible button on the Adobe Acrobat toolbar. The location of the
fit visible button is shown on the graphic below:
- After completing the form:
- 1. Print it
- 2. Sign it at the s/______ signature line, located just above the
"Counsel for" field near the end of the form
- 3. File it with the trial judge
- 4. Serve it on the other parties
- 1. Print it
- The information you type on these forms is
not transmitted over the Internet. This is simply a technique for you to fill the form out from within your Web Browser, print it, and mail it to the trial judge.
- The form is best viewed with a screen resolution of at least 800 x 600 pixels.